Sorry for the lack of updates. I've become tired of my computer and internet, thus I don't use it very often. I will, though, at least try to keep you updated on the progress of the bottle classroom, as some of you reading this have contributed to our project and I'm sure would love to know what we're doing with your money!
First off, I'd like to thank those who have donated:
Patricia Varas
Stacey Gunther
Lauren Sherwood
Peggy Squires
Allison Millar
Lynn Olavarri
Bob Heck
Carl Franzblau
Les & Audrey Ayers
Beth Eddy
Dale Dow-Vern Delk
Rexius Forest By-Products
Ralph Satterberg
Thanks to the support of these people and businesses, we have received $793.50 toward our goal of $2865. In addition, we have received in-kind donations from some community members here in San Carlos Sija.
With the funds that we currently have, we will begin building the columns on Monday. After that, we should still have enough money to put the roof on (before the rainy season comes!). For the walls and the finishing details we will have to wait for more funds to come in, be it donations (hint hint) or grants. We wrote a grant proposal to a Guatemalan governmental instituton ProRural to help us with the remainder of the project. They sounded very interested in the project and verbally committed to helping us. Hopefully that verbal commitment will turn into a formal commitment! We should find out within the next month.
I will post photos as we start construction!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment