04 November 2009

Check me out in the Register Guard!

If you've stumbled upon my blog for the first time today because of my essay in the Register Guard, thanks for the interest! If you're one of my regular readers, then check out my piece in today's paper (11-04-09): http://www.registerguard.com/csp/cms/sites/web/opinion/21394417-47/story.csp.

I'd like to mention again about the project that I am working on the community of Las Cerezas, here in my Guatemalan town: the construction of a classroom with recycled materials (plastic bottles and inorganic trash). The complete description is at this previous blog post: http://audreysquires.blogspot.com/2009/09/novel-idea-for-trash-and-request.html.

If you are able and willing to donate to help us reach our goal of $2830, here is how you can do so:

Send a check to:

Friends of Guatemala ● P.O. Box 33018 ● Washington, D.C. 20033

*IMPORTANT* Make sure to put on the memo line of the check: “Audrey Squires – Cat. II”, otherwise your donation will go to the general scholarship fund.

Thanks for your support!

Also, I forgot to mention earlier, but FOG is an NGO with a 501c3 status, thus donations are tax-deductible.

No comments: