27 November 2009

Fotos from México

Here are a handful of photos from my week in México. If you read my post about the trip, you'll get a better context for them. I'll put more on facebook too.


Mezcal factory in Oaxaca


View of the Monte Alban ruins in Oaxaca


Julio and I at the Palenque ruins in Chiapas


Cañon del Sumidero, Chiapas


Agua Azul, Chiapas -- reminded me a bit of Las Conchas, but on a much larger scale


"Vive y deja vivir" -- "Live and let live" Lupita sure is a smart lady!


Loved the colors in San Cristobal!


Julio hanging out with the Zapatistas in San Cristobal de Las Casas


Big huge Mexican flag


My first view of México... gorgeous!

1 comment:

Winfrey said...

Hey,

I came across your blog through an article of yours that was published several weeks ago. I've enjoyed reading about your experiences thus far, especially because I am leaving for training in January for Guatemala as a volunteer. I'd love to ask you more questions about packing stuff and maybe a contact of a male volunteer there so I can ask someone about what clothes I'll actually need as an ecotourism volunteer. Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you. You can email me at winfreynorton@gmail.com.